- Here at theDAWstudio.com we have developed a rating system that will help you better compare and distinguish different levels of equipment quality. We don't use a 1-10 scale or 5 stars, we combine many rating techniques by rating gear indifferent categories. Each categories has between four and six levels to describe the rating of a product in a given category. Once you know the system check out the .
– What is the quality level of the gear? Consumer or Professional?
- Consumer – Gear that is meant for hobbyists and novices.
- Prosumer – Gear priced for hobbyists, but capable of producing Professional level content.
- Semi-Pro – Professional gear with corners cut to meet a price point.
- Professional – Professional quality gear made to sound amazing and be reliable
- Minimal – This piece as little more than an on/off switch.
- Basic – There are a few features, but nothing out of the ordinary.
- Just What You Need – Just enough features to make it cool, but not confusing.
- Lots But Confusing – So many cool features that you don’t know where to start.
- Full-Featured – Any feature that you could want…it has it.
- Includes The Kitchen Sink – Has any feature that you could image and ten more that you couldn’t imagine.
- Rocket Science – Takes an advanced degree to even get sound.
- Decent Learning Curve – It might take some time to figure this one out.
- Average – It works well out-of-the-box but there is a lot to learn.
- Super Easy – It practically runs itself.
- A Monkey Could Do It – It does run itself and might make you obsolete.
- Sounds Like @?$&! – It is painful to listen to (but maybe that is what you want).
- Gets By – Not painful, but still not enjoyable.
- Good But Not Great – It sounds OK and will work for most circumstances.
- Great Sound – It sounds great and impresses most everyone.
- Sounds Amazing – It sounds really good putting a smile on your face.
- Like Butter – When you hear it, you get chills and your legs get weak.
- Wouldn’t Trust It As Far As I Can Throw It – The unit is inconsistent and could combust at any moment.
- Questionable – It seems reliable, but when circumstances get rough it might wimp out.
- Solid – It appears to be very consistent, but it would be safe to have a backup.
- Works Every Time – You should never have any failure problems because this piece is solid.
- No Need For A Backup – You could run a tank over it and it would still work.
- Not Worth The Money – This unit is way overpriced and not a good buy.
- Kind Of Pricey – Might be worth, but not that good of a deal for the money.
- You Get What You Pay For – You get a product equivalent to the amount of money you spend.
- A Great Buy – This item is a good deal getting great features at a really good price.
- Deal-Of-A-Lifetime – This unit is amazingly under-priced giving you the functionality of other units for a fraction of the price.
- Don’t Sneeze Near It – The unit could be put together better by a child.
- Held Together By Duct Tape – The unit looks like it was built in someone’s garage.
- Decent Quality – The unit looks professionally made, but still not the best build quality.
- Excellently Put Together – If you look under the hood, everything is put together with the highest level of quality.
- Indestructible – The device is built so well that it can be used as a black box on an airplane.